Kathleen Gee, M.D.
Dr. Kathleen Gee is a Board-certified ophthalmologist and Eye Surgeon specializing in comprehensive ophthalmology, “no stitch” cataract surgery (including toric and multifocal lenses), and cosmetic lid surgery. She was born in Greenville, MS and completed an ophthalmology residency at the University of Alabama at Birmingham. She performs her surgery at Birmingham Surgery Center.
Bachelor of Science in Biology, magna cum laude, University of Alabama, Tuscaloosa, AL, 1995-1999
Doctor of Medicine, magna cum laude, University of Alabama School of Medicine, Birmingham, AL,
07/24/00 to 06/05/04
Baptist Health System
06/22/2004 to 6/22/2005
University of Alabama at Birmingham
07-24-2000 to 06-05-2004
- Chief Resident, 2007 – 2008
- Advocacy Ambassador Program
- Resident Representative, 2004-2005
- Academic Award of Scholastic Excellence 2004
- Glasgow-Rubin Achievement Citation, 2004
- Alpha Omega Alpha, 2003
- Southern Medical Association, 2003
- Benjamin & Roberta Russell Medical Scholarship, 2003
- Pathology Honor Society, 2000
- Presidential Scholarship, full tuition, 1995
- Birmingham Surgery Center, Birmingham, AL
- Callahan Eye Foundation Hospital. Birmingham, AL
- American Academy of Ophthalmology
- Alabama Academy of Ophthalmology, Board Member-Resident Representative
- American Medical Association
- Southern Medical Association
- Medical Association of the State of Alabama
- Alabama Arthritis Foundation, Associate Board and Task Force Member
- Sight Savers of Alabama
Chaudhry F, Gee K., Vaphiades M., Biller J, Jay W., GQ1b Antibody Testing in Guillain –Barre Syndrome and Variants, Seminars in Ophthalmology 2006; 21:223-227.
Hobbies include volunteering, traveling, jogging, and snow skiing.